Fire Evacuation Diagram (Statutory Fire Signs)
Guides on using Evacuation Diagrams
This is determined by the Emergency Planning Committee (EPC), these must be displayed in locations that are easily viewed by occupants and visitors. The quantity will vary depending on building class, number off occupants, visitors and many more.
The height must not be less than 1200mm and not more than 1600mm from the floor level.
As per AS 3745 Evacuation Diagrams, the orientation will depend on the location it will be installed on. The site plant showing the assembly point and the floor plan must be oriented according the the 'You Are Here' location.
Australian Standard Requirements For Evacuation Diagrams
- You Are Here symbol
- Designated exit points and evacuation paths - Fire extinguishers and types
- Fire blankets
- Validity Date (this is slightly different for Queensland)
- A symbol legend
- Location of the workplace & site address/facility name if applicable
- “EVACUATION DIAGRAM” heading
- Assembly point location either written or in a picture
- First aid kits & Defibrillators
- North direction
- Emergency Information –in accordance with your Evacuation Plan
- Spill response kits
- Direction of door openings for emergency doors
- Electrical switchboards
- Fire hydrants